Internship Opportunities at ISDP – Spring 2024
Every semester, ISDP runs an internship program that is open to university students and recent graduates. The internship lasts between 4-6 months at the main office in Stockholm and the desired start date for the spring semester is from January or February. Please note that ISDP’s internships are full-time (40 hours per week) and unpaid.
The Institute is currently looking for interns for the spring semester 2024. Specifically, we are looking for interns for our Asia Program, China Center, and Center for South Asian and Indo-Pacific Affairs, supervised by the respective Head of Center/ Program.
Interns working with the Asia program will focus on the broader region and will also support ISDP’s Korea project.
- Assist senior staff members in program activities
- Conduct research for senior staff members
- Newsgathering and reporting
- Assist in the day-to-day work at ISDP
- Participate in collaborative research- and writing efforts
- Undergraduate degree in, or pursuing a degree in international relations, Asian studies, social sciences, economics, or other disciplines relevant to the position
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Strong research and drafting skills
- Good coordination and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Political or cultural research interests in Asia
- Knowledge of one or more Asian languages is a plus
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter, as well as a sample of their writing (the sample could be an essay that you wrote during your studies; all documents should be in English) to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered. In your application, please specify which internship role you are interested in (China Center, South Asian and Indo-Pacific Affairs, or the Asia Program).
If you have any questions about the internship program, please contact Anna Jarmuth at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application no later than October 15.